Buy My Fone provides a secure, exceedingly rewarding and efficient service to all customers to recycle mobile phones and electronic tablets. For a great transactional relationship today and in future trading, please make sure you read our terms and conditions thoroughly and carefully before you place your order with us. By agreeing to proceed, you will be bound by the terms and conditions. We advise you to print a copy and/or save an electronic copy of it should you require it for reference.
Registered in England & Wales: Company no. 08527053
Once you have placed the order, you will be sent an email confirming a new trading contract for the respective transaction. Once you have sent us your device, you will not be able to void this contract as per Regulation 10 of the Consumer Protection Regulations (2000) for Distance Selling. Should you wish to void a contract for an order you have placed with us, it will require compliance to Regulation 13 which states the exception for cancellation.
We are obliged to purchase your device at a price assessed by us which depends on our grading system for cosmetic and functional condition of the device. We will only confirm our purchase from you once we have received your device at the address stated.
By sending your device to us you are agreeing with our methods of device valuation which is followed by us sending you a revision of price for the device as assessed by our trained expert team.
Make sure the device you send us complies with the following:
- The purpose of this website caters only for customers within the United Kingdom and Northern Island who are viewing this website from within that country.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to trade with us or must have full permission from a parent or guardian before or after we receive your device. Without this evidence of permission, your order will be put on hold and we will not be able to proceed any further.
- You must own all rights for the device you send to us.
- If you are bound by an airtime contract on the device you send us, it is entirely your responsibility for call costs that occur before or after we receive your device.
- We use CheckMend which is a database of every mobile device that holds information of devices that have been reported as blocked by network providers, lost, stolen or involved in criminal activity.
- If CheckMend states that your device is blocked or reported, we cannot proceed with the order and your device cannot be returned to you as stated by law.
- When you place an order with us, we will send you a pre-paid first class recycling bag for you to place your device into and send back to us. We cannot be held responsible or pay for any loss or damage that occurs to your device during transit. We highly recommend that you use a mode of postage that allows you to track it, i.e. recorded delivery / special delivery.
- If your device gets lost or stolen within the postal system, we advise that you make a direct claim against Royal Mail via their website for further investigation and/or compensation. For this you will require a tracking number for the postage or a receipt of post office transaction.
- Payment will be made once the order has been received, checked in by our technical department and after you approve our revised offer. BACS payments will take up to 48 hours to be finalised from the order approval and cheque payments will be sent within 5 working days of the order approval.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by our terms and conditions.
Assessment of value of device and grading –
- Belongs to you
- Is not barred
- Is listed on our website
- Is the correct model – payment will be made for the device model we receive and not for order which was placed
- SIM card / Memory card is removed
- Data is cleared: pictures, videos, messages, music, etc.
|Type of Damage
|Signs of wear and tear, scratches, dents, camera scratches
|USB dents, screen scratches, USB port loose, impressions / spots on cover
|Generic cover, back cover fade/crack, charging port rubber missing, missing battery, non-working flash, stylus missing, parts non-operational, charging
|Keypad/ camera buttons missing, crack, camera lens damage, broken casing, scroll missing, menu button damaged, LCD repaired, LCD loose, keypad not working
|LCD spots and impressions, network problems, not charging, power button not working, signal problems, software issues, USB port damage, vibration not working
|Fake handset, Checkmend failure, copy phone, IMEI scratched off, power up failure, LCD bleeding / liquid damage, reprogrammed IMEI
|Damaged/Faulty Apple iPhones
If your Apple iPhone classified as Damaged/Faulty.
Damaged/Faulty Apple iPhones should meet the following conditions:
Please note that due to possible iCloud issues we do not accept any iPhone 4,4s,5,5c,5s,6 & 6plus handsets that do not switch on
It must be on a UK network
It must not be crushed.
It must not be broken in half or bent in any way.
There must not be liquid damage.
No integral parts such as buttons, camera, LCD etc should be missing.
No integral parts should be detached from the main body of the phone in any way or be missing.
We can not return mobile phones that are sent to us and are accepted at the full price as quoted after a customer confirms the approval of the phone value.